Abdul Kalam Educational Satellite - design and development research paper competition results have been declared. 10 student teams have been shortlisted out of 400 students submitted on the occasion of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam's birthday 15th Oct 2016.
His Excellency Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, the Former President of India and a world-renowned Space Scientist, was keen on encouraging the students in India to take active interest in the emerging Technologies, including Space Tech, as these significantly impact our daily lives.
A nationwide competition was launched by 'International 'We serve' Foundation' (IWSF) in association with 'Abdul Kalam Vision India Movement' (AKVIM) and 'Aeolus Aero Tech Pvt Ltd,' (AAT) Bangalore to encourage and stimulate that enthusiasm in Space Technology and operational Cube Satellites among the youth of India, as envisioned by Dr. Abdul Kalam.
Students from all over India participated in this contest and submitted their essays and proposal about Space application for the betterment of the society. The Sponsors of this National Contest are grateful to the panel of retired ISRO scientists, respected leaders and Industry experts for reviewing and selecting the top ten teams.
The final selected winning teams from the contest are:
- NIE Achievers - National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- Simple Guyz - Mahendra Engineering College, Salem
- Aero fairies - Er.Perumal Manimekalai college of Engineering and Technology, Hosur
- Hawkpits - Parisutham Institute of Technology and Science, Tanjavore
- Exosquad. - Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
- Aeropterians. - Periyar Maniammani University, Trichy
- NIPS. - Nalanda International Public School, Hosur
- Galaxy Dharani Matriculation School, Mannargudi
- HiFiRe - KCG College of Technology, Chennai
- Astra Noorul Islam Center for Higher Education, Nagercoil